Sterilisation Portfolio Marketing Manager
Owens & Minor, INC is a leading global healthcare services company, providing vital supply chain services to healthcare providers and manufacturers of healthcare products. After acquiring Halyard Health S&IP business in 2018, Owens & Minor developed a presence in markets where three quarters of global healthcare spending occurs. Their customers span the healthcare market from independent hospitals to large integrated healthcare networks, as well as group purchasing organizations, healthcare products manufacturers, and the federal government.
The O&M Halyard product portfolio holds several leading markets positions providing products such as exam gloves, facial protection, protective apparel, disposable sterilisation wrap, surgical drapes and Customised Procedure Trays – all of which provide protection for both healthcare workers and patients. It is supported by an EMEA and global sales force, a customer support team with significant industry experience and customer education programs.
As a Sterilisation Portfolio Marketing Manager, you will be accountable for growing the category by implementing global growth initiatives, building inorganic partnerships and ensure sales objectives are being achieved. Overall you will act as a P&L owner of your respective product category.
The principal accountabilities include the following:
- You lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the strategic category business plan for the Sterilisation Solutions business across the region.
- You develop strategic programs to achieve business objectives and expand market presence.
- You focus on accelerating growth in both direct and indirect markets while optimizing the product portfolio to improve competitiveness and profitability.
- You develop new strategies and partnerships in a highly competitive landscape.
- You interact daily with sales teams, distributors, clinical & non-clinical customers and other external stakeholders to gain direct customer insights.
- You take overall responsibility for the development and delivery of the Sterilisation business plan.
- You develop individual category marketing plans: market segmentation, product positioning, pricing strategy, customer targeting, product-life cycle management, internal & external product training, competitive analysis, …
- You play an active role in developing a sales pipeline and sales tactics.
- You establish pricing policies and growth initiatives to drive revenue and profit.
- You lead and monitor New Products Launches by developing both sales & marketing strategies, creating launch packages and tracking the sales progress.
- You steer cross-functional project teams and develop cross-functional process maps.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related area (Marketing/Business). A MBA degree is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ of business experience, including 5 years of all-round marketing experience.
- Experience within the Healthcare care market is strongly preferred, preferable in medical supplies for the Sterilisation department.
- You demonstrate a successful track record of product portfolio management (product development, product launch).
- Background with OEM device manufacturers is a plus.
- 20% business travel is anticipated, predominantly within Europe and occasionally in the US.
- You are fluent in English with excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal, written and presentation), plus a minimum of one other European language (Ex Dutch/French/German).
- You possess strong commercial acumen and are customer focused.
- You have a strong drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
- You possess a problem solving, hands-on mindset in a fast moving environment and are able to work with little supervision.
- You have strong multitasking and time-management skills together with excellent priority setting, planning and organizing skills.
- You have a high level of autonomy & self-drive.