Accounting & Reporting Manager UK
What started as a small family business, producing foam rubber for the mattress industry, has developed into a worldwide supplier of adhesives, specialty binders, coatings and surfactants for a wide variety of applications and industries.
EOC Group’s products are the backbones of everyday products. From the bath mat you walk on in the morning over the shampoo you use in the shower, the cereal box and your morning paper at breakfast all the way to your comforting bed at night. There is a touch of EOC in every aspect of your life.
The Accounting & Reporting Manager has final responsibility for the entire accounting follow-up of EOC UK. As Accounting & Reporting Manager your main tasks are:
- Final responsibility for the processing in accounting terms of the ingoing and outgoing invoices, settlement between companies, inventory of stocks and fixed assets.
- Solves complicated accounting problems and assists in the periodic reports.
- Is responsible for drawing up and analysing the financial reports (opex, capex, etc.).
- Checks whether annual entries, payroll data, general ledgers of debtors and creditors are correct.
- Gathering and providing efficient information for an optimum corporate communication with internal and external parties.
- Communication with internal department (internal audits, etc.) and external parties (auditors, etc.)
- Issuing reports (monthly results, ad hoc reports, etc.)
- Management of the personnel so as to ensure an efficient operation of the Finance and Accounting departments and thus provide optimal support for the production units.
- Manages a team of 3 persons.
- Manage personnel planning and number.
- Monitor the personnel's respect for the labour regulations, the environment and safety regulations and the agreements reached on company level and in particular the standing employment conditions and the legislation regarding the number of working hours and temporary staffing.
- Carry out job appraisal interviews.
- Check of the different tax declarations such as VAT, Intrastat, corporate taxes.
- Responsible for the management of the Accounts Payable.
- Master's in Applied Economics or similar Master's, or the equivalent through experience.
- Excellent command of English.
- Extensive knowledge of accountancy (UKGAAP).
- PC knowledge: good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Familiarity with ERP systems; preferably SAP.
- Similar financial administrative management experience in a production environment.
- Hands-on, team player and eager to coach and train your team.
- Critical and analytical attitude.
- Flexible and willing to travel to EOC HQ in Belgium min. twice a year.