Sales Excellence Manager EMEA
This company is an accomplished partner providing innovative services for the healthcare industry reaching markets around the world.
As Sales Excellence Manager EMEA you co-define and support implementing the sales strategy by providing the analytics for design making, formulating the strategy into long and short term plans and close follow up on implementation and execution of these plans. You take ownership of the sales excellence improvement projects for our direct and indirect sales force to increase both the effectiveness and efficiency.
You drive sales & marketing strategy alignment and execution at all levels in the organization.
The organisation works through a direct sales force in Western Europe and through distributors in all other EMEA markets. Your primary focus will be on the direct sales channel, but the indirect sales channel needs a fair amount of support as well.
Owens & Minor Global Products SBU operates with a lean management organisational structure. As this function is required to act as the key person to drive Sales Excellence throughout the organisation and to lead/influence business teams to think out of the box and generate new ideas, it gets high visibility throughout the entire organisation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The post holder is expected to have a good understanding of the dynamics of the acute care healthcare market place in Europe. It is also important for the post holder to have a broad understanding of the support functions & operational effectiveness and how all this can impact the sales and marketing organisations within this territory.
• You drive sales (& marketing) strategy alignment and execution at all levels in the organization. You drive more added value tasks under the form of more digitization, CRM value, territory business planning support, new Go-To-Market models and commercial innovation, strategic pricing, business intelligence/sales analytics, etc.
• You are the reference point for best practices regarding sales processes, tools & systems.
• You develop a Business Excellence Plan that will prioritize a list of activities in line with available capacity. This will be the basis for the sales excellence framework, covering training programs, account management best practices, Time & Territory Management/Territory Business Planning, CRM, Cross-Selling, Sales Process design & methodology, reduce admin & non-selling activities of sales reps, clearly defines roles and responsibilities, processes supported by tools and systems in line with Sales leadership.
• You drive Business Intelligence & Analytics as well as CRM value. Ownership of Qlik Sense (data visualization, analytics & reporting tool) and Salesforce.com (CRM tool) application.
• You standardize and drive the use of Qlik Sense and Salesforce.com.
• You refine and streamline existing sales practices and processes to drive high value sales time and effectiveness.
• You have a minimum of 5 years in a sales manager’s role with proven track record on managing change and analytical processes/Business Intelligence systems.
• Experience within the healthcare sector is a definite plus.
• 20-30 % business travel is anticipated, predominantly within Europe and occasionally in the US.
• You have Master’s degree in Marketing, Business administration or similar.
• You demonstrated the ability to work with people and influence at any level in an organisation, liaising with senior management and managerial courage is a key to success in this role.
• You possess a problem solving hands-on mindset and have excellent priority setting, planning and organizing skills.
• You are experienced in leading individuals who are not direct reports, based in diverse departments and global locations