Sales Manager ASD
Ajinomoto OmnichemCompany • Ajinomoto-OmniChem is a fully integrated contract manufacturing organization providing API's - Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients - and HAPI production and process development services to ph
• Ajinomoto-OmniChem is a fully integrated contract manufacturing organization providing API's - Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients - and HAPI production and process development services to pharmaceutical companies around the world. They are leading experts in organic chemistry and natural extracts.
• ASD (Amino Science Department) is a separate business unit specialized in Amino Acid(s)
(-derived ingredients) for Pharmaceutical, Food and Cosmetic use.
• You obtain and maintain relevant technical knowledge regarding AOC amino acid products and their applications in the cosmetics and personal care markets.
• You develop and execute a territorial coverage plan (in writing) that provides for an efficient and productive coverage of all accounts and prospects.
• You acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all accounts (with account profiles on designated key accounts) as well as working with, influencing and establishing a business relationship with all recommenders and decision-makers.
• You develop account strategy that maximizes value for AOC and the customer.
• You develop key business relationships and understand customer structure to identify , establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at identified account targets.
• You establish and maintain top level contact, as appropriate, with the management of existing and potential customers to meet the technical and service needs of the customer and maximize the exposure and positioning of AOC.
• You suggest and provide input into budgets and financial targets for territory and assigned accounts.
• You meet or exceed budgeted targets.
• You communicate the strategy within AOC and across other locations and ensure critical actions are taken and progress is made.
• You solicit and deploy resources within AOC as appropriate to execute the strategy, meet customer technical service and support needs, and maximize returns.
• You operate the territory within the targeted expense budget following the company policy regarding expense and care of company equipment.
• You assess and manage competitive situations including pricing, special presentations, market development and trends, success stories, technical service’s needs, customer complaints, change of account movement of personnel or facilities to other territories, and new and innovative ideas to build sales volume and new business opportunities
• On a regular basis, you communicate with sales, marketing management, product managers and technical personnel to ensure the kind of support needed to secure new business and support ongoing projects in the marketplace.
• You follow-up on samples submitted and technical assistance provided and communicate with product managers immediately when additional support is needed.
• You hold a (chemical, biochemical or agronomist) bachelor degree; additional background/education is a plus.
• You have at least 3 years of experience in a key commercial role, B2B, within the personal care/cosmetics markets.
• You have a proven track record of generating new business within the personal care/cosmetic business.
• You are an excellent communicator and negotiator, with a proven track of identifying, negotiating and completing deals in the personal care/cosmetics business.
• You have a flexible, decisive, enthusiastic and result-oriented professional.
• You have a high degree of autonomy and energy, and are willing to travel 40 % of the time internationally (Turkey, Iran).
• You can be frequently present in the HQ in Belgium: at least one week per month.
• You think pro-actively with a creative problem-solving ability.
• You are excellent in English and French. Turkish or multiple other languages are a plus.