For one of our clients we are looking for a:
As Procurement Director you are responsible for leading the strategic purchasing activities across the organization for direct and indirect procurement spend. Key spend categories include raw materials, logistics and others. Your main tasks will be:
- Having the overall responsibility for purchasing activities across the business.
- Creating and implementing best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to meet business objectives in terms of price, quality and delivery targets (i.e. contract terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, etc.).
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives.
- Leading and assisting the team members through contract negotiations, closures, and dispute resolutions with suppliers to minimize financial and business risk exposure. Ensuring value for money, quality standards and delivery terms.
- Working collaboratively, negotiating and engaging with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Supporting internal and external audit, SOX compliance and due diligence requests.
- Completing regular performance reviews. Developing and maintaining development/training plans.
- Has a Master’s degree in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline or equivalent by experience.
- Has a minimum of 10 years of strategic purchasing management experience in an industrial environment, ideally textiles.
- Has a good basic knowledge of logistics.
- Is culturally exposed and comfortable.
- Is prepared to travel approximately 20% in Europe and the US.
- Fluent in English. Mastering other languages is a strong asset.
- Has a good knowledge of ERP systems, SAP is a plus.