Chief Sales Officer
Exclusive, modern outdoor furniture: this is the field of distinction of Belgian design house Tribù. Founded in the early nineties, this family-run design house has grown to become an internationally acclaimed brand. Luxury outdoor furniture from Tribù is now distributed in more than 60 countries and belongs to the best in the industry. The company employs about 45 people, realizing an approximative 30 million Euro turnover. It is Tribù’s passion to make people forget their daily stress while relaxing in one of our many exclusive pieces of design garden furniture. Every piece is a blend of quality, simplicity and modern elegance.
Tribù is hiring a commercial leader for its organization with a strong international background in a fashionable business, a strategic insight, a practical approach and a strong experience in developing and managing people and teams.
Based at the Tribù office in Belgium, the CSO will be part of the Executive Committee, reporting to the CEO. You will be field based, with the majority of time to be spent with your team, coaching the commercial teams and supporting them in their client interaction if needed. The customer base that needs to be managed is characterized by complexity in size (mainly agents, & distributors, regions Europe, Africa, the Americas and APAC) and business approach (retail, prescriptive market, high end furniture shops).
• You define the evolving future of market segments across the globe and bring a helicopter view on the different markets taking into account a growing “contract” business.
• You revise business development strategies and propose new directions for the business, linked to an ever changing market place (taking into account market attractiveness, market growth, average margin etc.).
• You drive profitable sustainable top line growth.
• You benchmark your own performance against the market.
• You seek pro-actively for profitable new markets and opportunities.
• You lead by example and demonstrate a bias to working with a hands-on approach, directing the company from a “product” to a “sales” oriented approach with respect for the past and future DNA.
• You demonstrate a natural drive and energy in order to inspire, motivate and energize the sales team (weekly, monthly meetings, KPI’s).
• You manage your team making them “fly” higher.
• You are experienced in and have a passion for building “zippered” relationships with customers based on both “content” and “empathy”.
• You are data driven and financially astute.
• You have a Master’s higher degree or equal through experience.
• You have at least 10 years’ experience in managing BtoB sales teams, in an international environment, requiring a hands-on approach.
• You are a fluent Dutch and English speaker, other languages are an important asset.
• Preferably you have experiences gained in retail, the prescriptive/contract market and the luxury industry.
• You are a strong relationship-builder within an international context coping with various cultural contexts.
• You are able to steer an international commercial organization with the organizational limits and consequences that go along with it and are willing to travel 30 to 40% of your time.
• You are a charismatic business leader with strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
• You are a pragmatic and entrepreneurial decision maker with sense of urgency; speed with clarity.
• You are team-minded and able to put the goal of the team before personal goals.
• You select and manage available means, to avoid losses of any kind, to search for the best profitability in terms of achieving the objectives.
• You possess strong negotiation skills and have the skill to unite several parties and to realize an agreement.
• You show great communication skills and can effectively express ideas, adjusted to the needs of others.