Java Software Developer
30,000 collaborators, dozens of brands and companies and 1 sustainable vision to the future, that’s what a job at Colruyt is like. So it’s obvious that this family of companies is constantly looking for new talents in various domains like sales, logistics, technics, process optimization & IT, HR, marketing & communication and finance.
Working at Colruyt means ‘working differently’ and that shows from day 1, no matter into what position or job you start. We translate that into 3 hashtags, namely #acttogether, #growtogether and #dreamtogether. More concretely it means that your colleagues and you get all support that is needed to initiate new things, to develop yourself and to face fantastic challenges.
In order to support our generic diversified growth Colruyt has decided to deliberatly recruit skilled professionals from all over Europe in order to offer them a career and enable a living in Belgium, at the south west side of Europe’s capital Brussels.
The position: Software Engineer JAVA (m/f)
Only through state-of-the-art IT systems and services Colruyt can have its retail operations running. As a Software Engineer/Developer in the Business Processes & Systems department you will participate in IT projects for one of the various domains of the retailing company Colruyt Group is (e-Commerce, Procurement, Supply Chain,... you name it), by developping applications that make a difference. As such you:
- Can work in different methodology settings: Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid…
- Use standard industry tooling: front-end in Angular, back-end in Java EE (JPA/Hibernate, EJB, REST), coding in the IDE you prefer (IntelliJ or Eclipse)
- Move your results into the continuous integration pipeline including automated testing and quality checks (Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Junit, Selenium, SonarQube)
- Support, along with the team, the entire lifecycle of the applications you develop, test, debug and tweak, and make sure the users can benefit from them to the max.
What we are looking for
First of all we need motivated professionals who want to accept the challenge to make a career in Belgium and settle themselves for a longer term, who can be passionate about the business complexity of an important retail company and the development/career opportunities it offers.
Besides that our new colleagues have:
- A higher degree in IT or another relevant certification
- Excellent Java skills in the tooling set as mentioned above (Java EE, Angular, …)
- Proven experience in development that supports business (at least 2-3 years)
- Focus on quality, eye for detail and desire for stable components and clean code
- Flexible mindset, analytic skills and an appetite for IT challenges
- Adaptability – curious and embracing the swiftly evolving IT world
- Problem-solving skills combined with a team-oriented approach; actively seeking answers and sharing them with the community
- Excellent command of English
In return for your drive and passion Colruyt offers a competitive local salary and benefits package, career development opportunities (online learning platform, hackatons, technology conferences, internal community days…) and, most of all, a human-centered working environment that respects people in both their professional and their personal life and the balance between those.