Market Development Manager
Market Development Manager - Northern Europe (& Southern Europe)
DOLIUM® (www.dolium.eu) is a privately held packaging company that in just 5 years has become the gold standard in one-way packaging solutions to the beverage industry.
By offering a user friendly, cost-efficient alternative to stainless steel kegs, DOLIUM® solves the problems many beverage companies face with the high costs of low-rotation markets and long-distance shipping.
We have several Fortune 100 beverage companies as customers, but also many smaller, emerging beverage companies -- because at DOLIUM® we are beverage people at our core.
Our founder Albert Wauters is a second generation Belgian beerman who developed the first generation DOLIUM® keg after more than 25 years of R&D and Product Development. And like many great ideas, DOLIUM® was born out of necessity; Albert could not find the solution he was looking for on the market, so he struck out on his own and brought the first DOLIUM® keg to market in 2013.
The name DOLIUM® refers to the Latin word for a Roman earthen vase or bulk container that was used for shipping wine and food across the empire.
Having gone through 5 years of rapid growth, DOLIUM® launched into the US in 2015 and we are excited to add sales talent to our U.S. commercial team.
Develops and executes a profitable and sustainable sales strategy with our agents/distributors, and key accounts.
• Develops growth strategies with local/regional Key Accounts and works closely with Director of Global Key Accounts to build and implement growth strategies with Global Key Accounts.
• Leads, coaches, and supports our agents/distributors.
• Develops a list of new business targets and converts prospects into customers.
• Analyses current route to market (RTM) and makes recommendations for how to enhance our market penetration
• Provides technical support to existing and new customers
• Implements a market pricing strategy working closely with CEO and distributors/agents.
• Manages and optimizes transport and logistics for customers, agents, and distributors
• Creates and implements local marketing initiatives
• Manages accounts receivables and local marketing and customer development budgets
• Northern Europe – ideally based in DOLIUM’s Antwerp office. Southern Europe – probably based in France
• 50% travel required including international travel to Belgian HQ
• Reports to the CEO (U.S. based), but also works closely with the Executive Management Team and Belgium HQ stakeholders.
• Knowledge of alcoholic (beer, wine) and/or non-alcoholic beverages (coffee, kombucha, functional) and/or health and wellness categories
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years sales experience in food/beverage/wellness industry (manufacture/ingredients/packaging/equipment) or transferrable experience in complementary f&b space.
• Fluent in English (written & spoken) mandatory.
• Good knowledge of modern IT/CRM systems
• A hands-on, self-starter who is comfortable working with a high level of autonomy and ambiguity, which is inherent in a young company. Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of curiosity; continuous learner; follows the industry asking “why?”
• Positive thinker who sees opportunities and solutions, not problems. A bit of irreverence or rebelliousness is a plus.