Consultant Corporate Finance
Portolani is looking for an experienced Corporate Finance analyst to advise their clients on their corporate finance transactions and identify and analyze outstanding Private Market Investment funds (or illiquid funds). In this capacity you will be the direct point of contact for these asset managers.
Portolani is more than a multi-family office. They give their clients an all-round and flexible service, selecting best-in-class managers for the liquid and illiquid portfolios of their clients and providing corporate finance advice, advice on family governance and a range of other services. Their two managing partners surrounded themselves with a young and passionate team, with a diversified skill-set.
You will take on a truly cross-functional role, both handling corporate finance transactions for some of the most prominent families in Belgium, as well as identifying and analyzing Private Market Investment funds, investing globally in real estate, private debt, private equity or secondary transactions. You will have a diversified package of responsibilities and will take a driver’s seat on different projects.
At Portolani you will arrive in a company where horizontal communication is the norm. You will get the necessary freedom and opportunities to truly further develop your skillset. An attractive salary package is provided, complemented with several benefits. Hard work and diligence is rewarded with a generous piece of the pie after the positive completion of a corporate finance transaction. You will receive all this, whilst working with 10 positive and pro-active team members.
- You assist the partners of Portolani in providing corporate finance advice to the clients.
- You assess and construct corporate plans, prepare simulations and company valuations, attend negotiations, etc.
- You select best-in-class asset managers in private equity, private debt, real estate and private infrastructure and take on the responsibility for the due diligence.
- You conduct the “capital calls” and perform the KYC when necessary.
- You travel to the main financial epicenters in Europe, to meet with some of the best asset managers in the business and further develop a long term relationships with them.
- You keep a close eye on the selected PMI funds and inform the families on key developments.
- You have 5 years of experience, preferably in the financial sector.
- You possess proven problem-solving abilities.
- You possess superior communication skills in Dutch, English and French.
- Integrity, diligence and a healthy pro-active mindset describe your persona.
- You jave an MBA and/or master in business, finance, math, …
- You completed a second degree, preferably abroad (MBA, Vlerick, Fontainebleau, Harvard, …)
- Experience in illiquid fund selection is a big plus