For our Client VYNCKE – PROMETHEUS Holding we are currently looking for a:
“Tradition is not to preserve the ashes but to pass on the flame”
The PROMETHEUS Holding is a Belgian holding company owned by the VYNCKE Family. This holding includes all the VYNCKE companies worldwide, as well as various joint ventures.
VYNCKE is a dynamic, high-tech family company that since its start in 1912 has grown into a world player in the sector of clean energy technology : developing and building custom made energy installations for conversion of biomass into renewable energy.
VYNCKE is a 4th generation global family business with its roots in Flanders and today locally organized with over 330 enthusiastic Vynckeneers in Brazil, The US, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, India, Malaysia, Thailand and China.
As Family Officer of the PROMETHEUS holding, you act as the trustee of the family shareholders, assisting in ensuring continuity of the family business. In addition, You are responsible to ensure that all relevant legislation and regulations are complied with and you work closely with the directors and shareholders in their management tasks.
Your main responsibilities are:
* Coordinate the activities related to the Family Charter
- Help in organizing the education for the 5th generation and be a mentor in the Family School to guard values and heritage.
- Family coach -Organize family councils and build family unity.
- Act as point of contact in family business matters and operate as a trustee for the family members.
- Represents the shareholders in the development of potential merges & acquisitions.
- Get the signing authority to commit the shareholders for specific topic/documents.
- Day to day cooperation with the co-CEO’s/shareholders.
- Responsible for the optimization of the insurance package.
* Management of the board of PROMETHEUS
- Hold and prepare the agenda of the board of PROMETHEUS, monitor the meetings and take minutes.
- Bring in advice & guidance and translate the outcome to the different companies within the holding structure.
- Organize feedback sessions with the relevant stakeholders and follows up actions and legal obligations.
- Participate in Boards of Directors of the daughter companies
- Cooperate closely with the CFO and COO of PROMETHEUS
* Together with the co-CEO’s, CFO, COO and two executive assistants, You are part of the PROMETHEUS Management Team leading the holding structure.
- Managing/archiving all relevant documents
- Act as point of contact for external stakeholders: lawyers, advisors, government instances, etc
- Maintain the registers of shareholders
· You hold a master degree with a legal background.
· You have min. 10 years of experience in different aspects of legal management.
· You have experience in a family business environment and in a role of ‘integrity’
· Fluent in Dutch and English.